Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day TWO of Walkabout

Woke up to this...


Can't remember the last time I woke up surrounded by trees other than we were staying at Centre Parcs when I was much younger!

So waved goodbye to my friend and his family, left Pomona and trundled my way along the Bruce Highway towards Rockhampton.

Seeing not much but a couple of trains...


...and plenty of roadworks!




Noticing that all along the dash there were warnings about driving too fast (stay under 80kmph) and not to let the engine temperature get too high (over half or over 105 Celsius). Also not to drive between dusk and dawn on the off chance that you hit a kangaroo!....not much to worry about then!


Ended up completely missing the turn off for the place I was going to spend the night so pulled into what I thought was a big lay-by type thing in a semi-residential area in Yeppoon. It was already dark and the warnings were still swirling around my head. I didn't want to kill Skippy afterall!


No comments:

Post a Comment