Saturday 3 November 2012

One Hungry Girl..on walkabout

OK so somewhere in my crazy head I thought it would be a good idea to go Walkabout. There's some old problems I need to put to rest, and a whole new set of possibilities opening up for me that require some thought and musing over.
Yeah why not hire a camper and go exploring...by yourself...in an unknown country...where everything wants to eat or kill you. Best idea I've had in a while!!



I collect the camper tomorrow morning and off I'll bumble into the unknown for two weeks!

I have hired the camper from a company that seems to target student travelers going by their website but it was the cheapest and has everything I need (maybe)...like I said, it was the cheapest!


I blame 3hungryboys for my idea! They were set the challenge by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall to travel from Axminster to Lands End in England, UK in a milk float without spending any money and just using renewable energy to power Daisy (the milk float).


Now I'm not in a milk float and I do have a little money to spend but the seed of the idea can be traced right back to them!

Spent the day today trying to pack the least amount of stuff that has the maximum usefulness....I think I've failed but we''ll see over the next few weeks! Clothes, food, water, solar shower and a converter so I can charge my phone from the lighter in the camper (hope it has one!).

As it stands though I'll be pretty much reliant on my wits rather than technology and not really in contact with anyone except the obligatory "I've not been eaten yet" text that I've been told I must send everyday!

*I don't own any of these images, google image search gave them to me*

No comments:

Post a Comment